Work with Us
From time to time we have openings for various positions here at Source Peru and this is where you will find our current opportunities.
Source Peru is a community that is working on the growth and expansion of consciousness, personal evolution and healthy lifestyles. We are committed to and serious about the medicinal practices that we offer and the development of an integrative approach toward life enhancement. When we do have opportunities available, we are looking for people who are dedicated to their own personal process as well as being a positive, self-motivated contributor to our community. The offerings we provide are rich, rewarding and transformational. We expect you to enhance our community with your work ethic, unique talents and collaborative compassion.
We are currently looking for an amazing Lead Gardener
Are you feeling called to be part of a community striving to help make the world a better place? Are you passionate about plants? Do in-depth conversations about irrigation make you tingle? Do you get giddy over dirt? Does the sight of seedlings sprouting make your heart sing?
If you’re thinking yes, yes, yes! we may have an opportunity for you!
We are looking for an exceptional Lead Gardener to nurture and develop our gardens and plants as though they were your own. The Lead Gardener will be in charge of the gardening team and maintaining and developing current and future gardens throughout the property. Our garden crew are Spanish & Quechua speaking, so you should have functional knowledge of Spanish to allow for clear communications with your team. The gardens here at Source Peru are extensive and contain a wide variety of plants and trees from ornamental to edible and there are plans to continue to evolve the current beds and expand with new ones. Many of our plants are medicine focused and we are about to create a beautiful new medicine garden on a vacant plot of land.
The Lead Gardener position will be a work/trade opportunity for an initial trial period of 3 months to allow for the successful candidate and us at Source Peru to suss each other out and determine if it’s a fit for both sides. This is an important aspect of the hiring process as we do live in community here and we are a center that works with plant medicines which creates a delicate atmosphere in which to live as a group. We need to ensure that the group functions exceptionally well together as a whole both in terms of working relationships and community living. Assuming everyone is happy at the end of the three months, the position would then become a full-time opportunity at which point we could open conversations about salary, contract length, Peruvian work permits, etc.
The Lead Gardener’s Role & Responsibilities:
- Full-time position which translates to 40hrs per 6-day work week.
- Plan, instigate and monitor plant and tree care programs including design, landscaping, propagation, planting, irrigation, weeding, grass cutting, trimming, and general garden and facilities maintenance.
- Engage the General Manager and owner in the creation and delivery of a garden management plan.
- Management of plant collections, ongoing garden operations and horticulture features.
- Manage all garden project activities to ensure they are carried out on schedule and within allocated budgets
- Managing a small team of Spanish-speaking gardeners
Our Wish-List of Your Experience and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of plants (ornamentals, fruits, vegetables, herbs, trees, etc.)
- Extremely detail-oriented. We don’t want to go so far as to say “perfectionist”, but…
- Self-motivated, results-oriented and positive.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Permaculture experience is a huge plus.
What We Offer in Exchange for your Talent:
- Access to the grounds when retreats are not in session: temple, plunge pool, library, technology, future spa
- Housing, electric, gas, wifi
- $150 stipend per month for food (average monthly food costs = $100.00)
- Access to community gardens
Contact us for an application form if this resonates and you feel you’d be a wonderful addition to our team.